Alergenics Powder 202 g
Support For Allergy And Healthy Immune Regulation
• Immune Digestive Health Detoxification Gluten free Lactose free Dairy protein free Free from Soy protein Free from Nuts and Seeds Vegan
The ingredients in Alergenics have been shown to or may:
• Help to support healthy immune regulation and function.
• Supports gastrointestinal immune function and liver detoxification processes.
• The Metagenics Allergy and Reactivity Reduction Program may increase tolerance to allergens.
• Helps to increase allergic tolerance and reduce allergic reactions by addressing underlying factors of allergy such as immune dysfunction, inflammation, detoxification processes and gut barrier function
• Supports immune regulation and function: Glutamine and Shiitake increase secretory IgA (sIgA) secretion to prevent antigen adhesion and translocation through the luminal epithelial surface. Baical skullcap and Reishi help to regulate T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) balance. Baical skullcap also exerts an antiallergic effect by regulating T cell-mediated responses including decreasing IgE and increasing IgG2.
• Reduces intestinal permeability and inhibits allergen permeation. Baical skullcap, glutamine, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin D act upon tight junctions of intestinal epithelium. Baical Skullcap may attenuate a food allergic response by inhibiting allergen permeation.
• Symptomatic relief of allergies via anti-inflammatory and mast cell stabilising mechanisms. Alergenics contains Baical skullcap, Milk thistle and Reishi which inhibit the release of histamine from mast cells. In a randomised controlled trial, Perilla frutescens leaf extract was shown to suppress immunoglobulin response and inflammation in mild allergic rhinitis. Choline intake leads to an increase in membrane phosphatidyl choline and may be effective in relieving urticaria and allergic rhinitis symptoms. Vitamin D may also exert an anti-inflammatory effect due to suppressing the production of Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMPs) which may play an active role in allergic rhinitis.
• Supports detoxification processes. Detoxification processes may help to remove immunologically active material, which reduces the potential of immune reactions. Milk thistle helps the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Each 7.2 g dose contains extracts equivalent to:
Lentinula edodes, fruiting body dry (Shiitake) 6.0 g
Ganoderma lucidum, fruiting body dry (Reishi) 6.0 g
Silybum marianum, seed dry (Milk thistle) 6.0 g
Standardised to flavanolignans calc. as silybin 72 mg
Scutellaria baicalensis, root dry (Baical skullcap) 3.0 g
Perilla frutescens, leaf dry (Perilla) 2.5 g
Glutamine 3.5 g
Choline bitartrate 1.5 g
Zinc amino acid chelate
(Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate) 30 mg
Equivalent Zinc 6.0 mg
Retinol palmitate 1.4 mg
Equivalent Vitamin A 750 μg RE
Colecalciferol 12.5 μg RE
Equivalent Vitamin D 500 IU
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and starches. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Alergenics is sweetened with stevia.
Children 9 to 13 years:
Add 1 level metric teaspoon (3.6 g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Adults and children over 13 years:
Add 2 level metric teaspoons (7.2 g) to 200 mL water twice daily with food
When taken in excess of 3000 micrograms retinol equivalents – vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are considering becoming pregnant, do not take Vitamin A supplements without consulting your healthcare professional. The recommended daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 700 micrograms retinol equivalents for women and 900 micrograms retinol equivalents for men.
Store below 30° C